The Prescott National Forest will open the following recreation sites starting on Saturday, May 1:
Developed Recreation sites that open May 1:
• Group Campgrounds – Eagle Ridge Group, Playground Group, Upper Wolf Creek Group;
• Day-Use Sites – Groom Creek Schoolhouse Group Day-Use and Nature Trail, Spruce Mountain Picnic Area, Thumb Butte Group Ramada, Mingus Mountain Picnic Site, Summit Picnic Site, Mingus Lake; and,
• Family Campgrounds – Lower Wolf Creek, Potato Patch, Mingus Mountain, Groom Creek Horse Camp.
Developed Recreation sites that open May 24:
• Group Campgrounds – Turney Gulch Group;
• Family Campgrounds – Hazlett Hollow;